- THE MAGAZINE
- VERTICAL MARKETS
The BRC Global Standards Team (www.brcfoodsafetyamericas.com) presents the second series of the BRC Food Safety Americas annual conference in Orlando, FL, April 9-11. Once again, the Conference will deliver three days filled with insights and high-level, constructive knowledge share designed specifically to improve food safety management in retail, food service and manufacturing environments throughout the Americas.
BRC Food Safety Americas 2013 has been devised after extensive consultation with the industry to build a cutting edge, timely and relevant agenda, which will focus on the following key themes:
- State of the Nation Address: With exclusive statistical analysis from the BRC, understand the root causes of the most common non-conformities and gain practical tips on how to avoid them.
- Meeting Regulatory Expectations: Get up to date on the progress made in regard to legislation, the proposed impact on food safety systems and timeframes for change.
- Optimizing Supply Chain Management: Examine the global nature of the supply chain including the impact of recalls and identify strategies to manage prerequisite programs for producers.
- Managing Food Safety Risks: Hear best practice and updates on HACCP validation, contamination risks and preventative measures, allergen management and managing high risk environments.
- Auditing & Certification: Assess various perspectives from retailers and manufacturers and understand the progress made in auditor competency and compliance.
- Maintaining Certification: Examine how to build a strong food safety culture and learn from best practice examples of maintaining standards and preparing for certification.
David Brackston, technical director – food schemes, BRC Global Standards, says, “We are delighted to be bringing our conference to North America for the second year. The BRC Food Safety Americas conference will provide the opportunity for our customers and partners to hear the latest developments in the BRC Global Standards certification program and across the industry as a whole.”
The Conference will deliver candid insights, case studies and practical solutions from over 30 speakers, including influential industry leaders from the FDA, USDA, Maple Leaf, Tyson and Costco, to name but a few.