- THE MAGAZINE
- VERTICAL MARKETS
Handbook of Frozen Food Processing and Packaging, Second Edition
- Discusses quality and safety issues for each frozen food category in individual chapters, ensuring comprehensive coverage
- Covers fundamental aspects of freezing such as glass transition, microbiology of frozen foods, thermophysical properties, and freezing process modeling
- Examines freezing and packaging equipment, transportation methods and facilities, and cold chain monitoring techniques
- Features new chapters on innovative topics and thorough revisions of existing chapters
Consumer demand for a year-round supply of seasonal produce and ready-made meals remains the driving force behind innovation in frozen food technology. Now in its second edition, Handbook of Frozen Food Processing and Packaging explores the art and science of frozen foods and assembles essential data and references relied upon by scientists in universities and research institutions.
Highlights in the Second Edition include:
- Original chapters revised and updated with the latest developments
- New section on Emerging Technologies in Food Freezing, with chapters on ultrasound accelerated freezing, high-pressure shift freezing, electrostatic field-assisted food freezing, and antifreeze proteins
- New section on Trends in Frozen Food Packaging, with chapters on active packaging, intelligent packaging, vacuum packaging, and edible coatings and films and their applications on frozen foods
This volume continues the tradition of the benchmark first edition, capturing the latest developments on the cutting edge of frozen food science. In addition to updated coverage of quality and safety issues and monitoring and measuring techniques, it highlights emerging technologies and trends, all in the format that made the previous edition so popular. It offers the tools needed to develop new and better products, keeping up with consumer demand for safe and convenient frozen foods.